THE ACTIVE PASSPORT – TERMS & CONDITIONS
“Booking Services” means the booking services provided by us to you through this website or by phone, including booking and arranging the Travel Services on behalf of Suppliers.
“Supplier” means the person or company who provides you with the Travel Services, for example, an accommodation provider or an activity organiser.
“Travel Services” means the service or product provided by the Supplier, for example, accommodation or an outdoor activity.
“We” means The Active Passport Pty Ltd (ACN 619 451 286) trading as The Active Passport
“You” means any user of this Website and includes any person who uses our Booking Services.
Nature of Relationship and Information
- Use of this website or our Booking Services does not create an agency relationship between you and us.
- Any information or travel tips provided under this website are of a general nature only and subject to change. You must not rely on any information without first seeking advice that is specific to your individual circumstances.
Use of Our Services
- You must be at least 18 years of age to use our Booking Services.
- We will provide the Booking Services to you upon your request and act as a booking agent for the Suppliers.
- Travel Services are provided by the Supplier, not us, and on the terms and conditions imposed by the Supplier.
- The Supplier’s terms and conditions will be provided to you on request. We cannot advise you on the Supplier’s terms and conditions. You should carefully read and agree to the Supplier’s terms and conditions, which may contain terms relating to payment, refunds or cancellations or availability of their Travel Services, before acquiring the Booking Services from us.
- Some Suppliers, such as accommodation providers, may require you to pay a deposit upon check-in for any additional or unexpected costs during your travel.
- You may be required to sign a waiver of liability prior to participating in some Travel Services.
- You acknowledge and agree that if you breach the Supplier’s terms and conditions, the Supplier may cancel your booking or you may be denied the Travel Services. If this occurs, you may forfeit any monies paid for the Booking Services or Travel Services.
- The Travel Services available on this website are subject to change without notice.
Booking and Payment
- Prices for Travel Services are correct at the time of publishing, however may vary due to changes in surcharges, exchange rates, fees or taxes. We will use our best endeavours to notify you of any changes to Travel Services you have been quoted or booked as soon as we become aware of them.
- When making a booking, you must provide the traveller’s name as shown on their passport for overseas travel, or passport or driver’s licence for interstate travel. This is important as some Suppliers may deny travel if the booking name and identification name do not match. We will not be held liable for an incorrect traveller’s name being provided.
- All prices quoted are the total price for the Travel Services and cannot be itemised. There will be no discounts or refunds where you do not participate in or use a portion of the Travel Services.
- We will provide you with a quote for the Travel Services upon request. All quotes are valid for 7 days only and only confirmed upon payment of a deposit.
- You must pay us a deposit to secure your booking for the Travel Services. The amount of the deposit will be advised by us prior to booking in our quote.
- Your booking is only confirmed after you receive a booking voucher from us.
- Subject to the Supplier’s terms and conditions, the balance of payment for the Travel Services is required no less than 60 days prior to travel. Failure to pay the balance within this time may forfeit your booking and deposit.
- If the Travel Services are booked within 60 days of the travel date, full payment will be required at the time of booking. We reserve the right to cancel your booking where full payment has not been received by the above dates and to charge you a cancellation fee (see “Cancellations and Refunds” below).
- Payment is accepted by direct deposit, Paypal or credit card. Credit card surcharges may apply and will be advised to you at the time of booking.
- All pricing is in Australian Dollars and exclusive of GST unless otherwise stated.
- We act as an agent only. We sell various travel related products on behalf of accommodation, activity providers and other Suppliers. Our obligation is to make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and the Suppliers. We have no responsibility for these services nor do we make or give any warranty of representation regarding their standards.
- All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by each Supplier. Your legal recourse is against the specific provider and not The Active Passport. If for any reason, any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted your remedy lies against the Suppler and not with The Active Passport.
Offers and Gifts
- From time to time, we may advertise special offers for Travel Services on our Website. These offers may be available for a limited time only and/or subject to availability. You must check with us whether such offers are still available.
- We may offer gift vouchers for purchase. Any recipients of gift vouchers must comply with these terms and conditions and the Supplier’s terms and conditions.
- Gift vouchers may have an expiry date and should be used prior to this date. No refunds will be provided where a gift voucher has not been used within the relevant time.
- Gift vouchers are not redeemable for cash and available for single use only.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply to special offers and gift vouchers.
Cancellations and Refunds
- You must contact us immediately to vary or cancel your booking for any Travel Service. Please note that some Supplier’s treat variations to Travel Services as a cancellation and fees may apply.
- Refunds and cancellations for Travel Services are subject to the Supplier’s terms and conditions. Some Suppliers may charge cancellation fees.
- We will charge the following fees for a variation or cancellation:
- Where a variation or cancellation is requested more than 60 days prior to the travel date – $100 per booking
- Where a variation or cancellation is requested less than 60 days prior to the travel date – $250 per booking
- If the Supplier’s terms and conditions allow a refund or partial refund, we will pass this on to you.
- We will not provide a refund where you have missed your travel date.
- All refunds made to credit cards will exclude the original card surcharge as these charges are not refunded to us by the card issuers when a refund is made.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to use our Booking Services.
- Travellers must be at least 18 years of age to travel, or be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- It is your responsibility to arrange travel insurance and ensure you have a valid passport and visa (if necessary). Some destinations require your passport to have at least 6 months’ validity remaining and you should therefore check this requirement before travelling. Visa booking services and travel insurance are available on request for an additional fee.
- It is your responsibility to confirm departure dates and times prior to travel.
- It is highly recommended you see your doctor prior to travelling and obtain any vaccinations required for your destination. It is your responsibility to ensure you are healthy and/or fit enough to participate in the Travel Services, and you should check any health requirements for your travel destination prior to travelling.
- We will not be liable to you for any injury, loss or damage suffered during travel or as a result of the delivery or non-delivery of the Travel Services, any act or omission of the Suppliers or other third parties.
- Unless otherwise specified, you are wholly responsible for any additional expenses not included in the Travel Services, such as food, tours, transport or other sightseeing activities.
- We recommend you check any security warnings for your destination of travel prior to travelling by contacting the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) or visiting their website, www.smarttraveller.gov.au.
- Our office is not manned 24 hours and may therefore we may be unavailable to take your call during your travels. Should an emergency arise, contact the nearest emergency service, local ambassador or DFAT. We will however provide you with an after-hours phone number to enable you to leave a message for us if required. We will endeavour to respond to any messages as soon as possible.
Use of This Website
- Whilst we will use our best endeavours to ensure that this website is free from viruses, we make no such warranty that it is, and it is your responsibility to ensure that this website does not expose you to any viruses or other code that is harmful or may cause harm.
- You must only use this website for lawful purposes, which may include:
- browsing any part of this website solely in order to view it;
- using our Booking Services.
- Email addresses, contact forms and any other communication forms that appear on this website are for professional communications only and must not be used to send unsolicited messages.
- You must not in any way reproduce, publish, communicate or adapt any part of this website, including these terms and conditions, without our prior written consent. Unless otherwise indicated, we own or license all copyright in this website and its contents, and reserve all rights in relation to copyright material.
Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted by law, we make no warranty or representation about the accuracy, completeness or fitness for any purpose of the contents of this website. Any condition or warranty regarding this website or its contents that would otherwise be implied (by statute or otherwise) into these terms and conditions is excluded.
- This website may contain links to external websites. We do not control the content of those websites or endorse them in any way and accept no liability in relation to the quality or accuracy of any content on other websites or of any breaches of law by those other websites.
- Any photos and descriptions on this Website are used as examples only and may differ from the actual Travel Services you have purchased. While we make every effort to provide accurate and correct information, we will not be held liable for any errors or omissions relating to the description or display of Travel Services.
- To the extent permitted by law, we accept no responsibility and exclude all liability to you on any basis (including negligence) for any loss or damage, however caused, which you may suffer in relation to your use of this website or the Booking Services. Any liability in connection with this website and the use of the Booking Services under any statutory right (including any condition or warranty implied by law or any guarantee or other right under any statute) that cannot be excluded is limited to the resupply of the Booking Services or the payment of the reasonable cost of same.
- Subject to the Supplier’s terms and conditions, the Supplier, not us, is liable to you for a breach of obligations in providing you with the Travel Services.
- The company does not warrant, and is in no way responsible for the accuracy of any information given or statements made by it’s servants, agents or those given or made by the principals, their servants or agents.
- We may, in our absolute discretion, change these terms and conditions from time to time without notice to you.
- Parts of this website may not be updated regularly and may therefore be out of date.
- If any part of any of these terms and conditions is void, then the part that is void may be severed.
- These terms and conditions, your use of this website and any dispute arising out of these are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
Tourism & Events Queensland
Destination Gold Coast
Pure New Zealand
Tourism Western Australia
Tourism Northern Territory